Are you looking for best home remedies to treat dandruff on your hair ??? If Yes, This article will help you a lot. Here in this article, I will provide complete information about Dandruff, How dandruff is developed on your scalp, What are the reasons of dandruff, What are the consequences of dandruff, and finally How to clear, remove, reduce dandruff from your hair and stop coming back permanently and naturally.
The mains consequences or results of dandruff involves developing severe itching, an increase of hair fall, in severe conditions developing skin complications is also observed. So dandruff should be treated timely to avoid further complications. In order to prevent dandruff, there are many possible ways either by using medications or naturally. Here I will be discussing best and possible home remedies to treat (Stop, Remove or Reduce) dandruff naturally.
How the Dandruff is Caused ?
Understanding dandruff root causes will helps to treat the dandruff in correct manner and prevent it from coming back. Actually speaking there is no known exact cause of dandruff but the studies linked dandruff to Malasezzia build up on the scalp. Malasezzia is the condition where a yeast-like fungus that grows in oily areas of the scalp. When your immune system of scalp fails to defense againt Malassezia, It starts penetrating into the skin and shed more skin cells. And the greyish, whittish flakes you are observing on the scalp which are known as dandruff are these sheded skin cells.
I hope you understood the reason behind dandruff. There may be some external factors like improper hair care, also but mainly its all about developing malasezzia on the scalp. So in order to prevent or control dandruff and its effects you need to remove or reduce malasezzia on the scalp. Below are some of the quick tips to control or reduce dandruff on your hair do follow them for best results.
Tips to Reduce, Stop or Get rid of dandruff on Head Scalp
Tip 1: Never dry out your head scalp: It is advised to keep your head scalp always hydrated as dandruff causes itching and it becomes worse when your scalp is dry which in turn develops more flakes and scars on the head. Some best practices to keep scalp hydrated is to drink more water as body gains more moisture and avoid using hair dryers and hair straighteners as they make the scalp dry out. And in extremely hot conditions like summer, it is best practice to wear caps to prevent moisture loss.
Tip 2: Using Home Remedies to remove Dandruff: It is known that dandruff can be treated in many ways. One of the best ways to remove dandruff naturally from your hair without any side effects is by using home remedies. There are many combinations of naturally available materials which stops malasezzia growth and prevent dandruff and hairfall.
Tip 3: Regular Shampoo: Regular shampoo and cleaning the scalp removes shed cells and flakes from the scalp effectively. Failing of cleaning and shampoo results in coagulation of sheded cells and more dandruff accumulation.
Tip 3: Using Medications to stop dandruff on scalp: If you are fond of medications, there are readily available medications that treat dandruff and control dandruff. You can refer to them on the internet or by consulting doctor.
Best Home Remedies To Treat (Reduce, Stop) and Get rid off Dandruff Naturally
Natural home remedies are a perfect solution for dandruff control. For effective controlling of dandruff follow below tips and reduce or completely remove dandruff from your head scalp.
Using Neem Solution: Neem consists of antibacterial and antifungal properties which help to treat, reduce, stop dandruff on the scalp and reduces the fungus infections like itchy scalp and hairfall effectively. To prepare the Neem Solution to follow below process.
- Collect the Fresh Neem Leaves numbered 50-100.
- Boil the leaves for 20 – 30 minutes in water.
- Then cool the solution and wash your hair and scalp with this water.
- And then rinse off with normal water.
- For effective results wash with neem solution two to three times a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar Solution: Apple cider vinegar has enough content of Potassium which can treat dandruff effectively. It helps to restore the PH balance of the scalp and avoid microbial growth. To prepare apple cider vinegar solution
- Take any combination as of your wish and convenience
- 2 parts of Vinegar + 1 part of Onion Juice
- Equal Parts of Vinegar and Water
- One cup of Water + 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar + 15 – 20 drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix any of these combinations well and set aside for 10-20 minutes.
- Apply the mix on to your scalp and massage your head.
- After 10-20 minutes wash your hair normally.
- For effective results use this mix 2 to 3 times a week.
Lemon Juice Mix: The natural acids present in the lemon is an effective remedy for dandruff treatment. Using lemon along with some essential ingredients like yogurt will give you much better results. You can use simply lemon juice and water combination or its combination with yogurt (curd) to reduce dandruff. Lemon extract treats itchiness well and reduces it.
- Take one full lemon extract and mix it with a cup of yogurt.
- Take one full lemon extract and mix it with little water.
- Apply it on your hair and head scalp.
- Leave it for 10 – 20 minute and wash your hair with normal water.
- Use 3 to 4 times weekly for effective results.
Baking Soda: Baking soda helps in removing dead cells from scalp naturally. So it serves as the best remedy to get rid of dandruff problem. To prepare baking soda mix
- Take Baking Soda Powder – 2 tbsps.
- Mix it with little water as to appear as a paste.
- Now apply the paste gently to your head scalp.
- Leave it for 2-3 minutes and then rinse or wash off with normal water.
Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds serves as an effective remedy to get rid of or reduce dandruff from hair. To prepare the fenugreek mix
- Soak the few seeds of fenugreek in water overnight.
- In the morning throw of the water and grind the seeds to appear as a fine paste.
- Apply the paste to the scalp of the head and leave it for few hours.
- Then wash your hair and head with shampoo to clean.
- For effective results try this weekly once.
Effective Oils to reduce, stop or get rid of dandruff naturally from home
Coconut Oil & Lemon Juice: Coconut oil combined with lemon juice eliminates dandruff and nourishes your hair effectively. The easiest way to use this combination is by mixing
- Heated 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Now apply this mix to your scalp or gently massage.
- Leave for 20 – 30 minutes and then wash with shampoo.
- Follow at regular intervals for effective results.
Castor Oil: Castor oil has ricinoleic acid which acts as an antimicrobial solution that effectively reduces the scalp infections and prevents scars and dandruff.
- Heat the oil slightly and cool it to become warm.
- Now apply and massage your scalp gently in such a way that it spreads through the head.
- Leave it overnight and wash your hair in the morning.
Olive Oil: The known fact to reduce or stop dandruff on your scalp is to prevent the scalp from drying out. Olive oil is the best remedy to dandruff as it prevents the scalp from dryness.
- Heat the Olive oil for few minutes and cool it down till it becomes warm.
- Massage your scalp with olive oil and leave it for overnight.
- In the morning shampoo your hair to wash of greasy appearance of your hair.
- For effective control of dandruff use this remedy 2 – 3 times a week.
Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is another home remedy to reduce dandruff. Tea tree oil along with other combinations also works well to stop dandruff.
- Gently apply the oil to your hair and spread it along the scalp evenly.
- Leave it for few hours and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Home Remedies to Control or Reduce Dandruff Permanently Naturally
Yogurt or Curd: Yoghurt or curd is one of the best-known source of helping bacteria to the body. It is also one of the best remedies for dandruff that prevent scaling of a head scalp.
- Take a cup of yogurt or curd and mix it to appear as a paste.
- Now apply the curd to your scalp and leave for about 30 – 60 minutes.
- Then wash your hair with mild shampoo.
Garlic: Garlic paste can be used to treat dandruff effectively from home. It has anti-fungal properties that control Malassezia fungus on the scalp. To prepare garlic paste
- Crush two or three garlic cloves into a smooth paste and mix it well with any oil.
- Now apply this paste and gently massage throughout the head scalp.
- Then leave it for about 10-15 minutes and wash off your hair with shampoo.
Similarly, ginger can also be used to control dandruff on your hair. To prepare the ginger paste
- Cut the ginger into small pieces and extract the juice.
- Now mix the juice with sesame oil apply to head scalp by gently massaging.
- Leave for 20 – 30 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
Henna and Lemon: Henna has many properties to treat various problems on hair such as dyeing, hair fall control. Henna along with lemon juice yields good results in controlling dandruff. To prepare henna and lemon mix
- Mix Henna powder or with lemon juice and any oil to make it a paste.
- Now allow the mixture to settle down for a few hours.
- Then apply the mix on to your head scalp by massaging and leave it for 20 – 30 minutes.
- And wash with mild shampoo.
Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera gel has antibacterial and antifungal properties so it can be used as a remedy to control the microbial growth on the head scalp and reduce fungus growth. It is advised to prepare own aloe vera gel from plant naturally instead of buying.
- Take Aloe Vera plant leaf and peel off the skin to collect pulp.
- Now mix it well as gel appearance and then massage your scalp with the mix.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash your hair.
- For effective results use periodically.
Hope these tips to control or stop dandruff may help you. Let me know Which tip helps you to reduce dandruff ???