Hey, guys let me introduce you to something that has become the most faithful companion for students and businessmen since release. It’s all about the interesting app “NOTABILITY” from GingerLabs. This is an exclusive application dedicated to helping individuals, workmen, students to use less paper that helps you being paperless. Now in this article, I gonna share an outline of the Notability app and How to use the Notability application on Windows Pc/Laptop. But Before the actual topic, If you are visiting our blog FullonBuzz for the first time please do subscribe to receive all the latest updates directly to your inbox.
Let’s get started with the NOTABILITY app and later will see How to Download Notability App on Windows. Notability is an application that almost converted me from being an Android user to an Apple User. This app is completely a note-making app that makes you use less paper and less pen. If you are tired of buying books, pens, pencils, and taking notes? This notability app makes you cool with its features and available tools. But the only drawback is that the notability app is exclusively for only Apple iPad Mac Devices. However, if you are looking to use a notability app on Windows Pc/Laptop go down to find the ways.
How to Download and Use Notability App on Pc/Laptop with Windows 10,7, 8.1.
As it was clearly said that the “NOTABILITY” app is a dedicated version for note-taking on Apple iPad devices. Since the availability is limited to only Apple devices truly there is now a notability windows version on the official web portal. If you are a person like me who wants this awesome application on Windows means you can click here and go to the official portal to raise a hand for Notability Windows Version.
Mean the time till the update about the availability of notability app on windows you may try the below-proven method to download and use Notability app on Windows 10/7/8.1 Pc/Laptop. This method involves using the virtual box on your Pc that allows you to install apple os and then you can use the notability app as you use on your iPad on windows devices. If you are not interested in using a Virtual box on your Computer the only solution is to find the best alternatives of Notability for Windows till the update.
Method 1: How to Download and Use Notability App on Windows Pc/Laptop using Virtual Box
This method involves using Virtual Box where you need to allocate Hard Disk space and Ram for smooth performance. We will start by installing a Virtual Box on your windows, followed by Mac OS, and then lastly Notability App installation on Windows Computer.
- Firstly you need to download the virtual box set up on your windows pc/laptop from the below link.
- After downloading the virtual box install it as you install software on your pc.
- Now you need to download the required Mac OS ISO or image file that allows installing Mac OS on a virtual box. (Just search on google for Mac Os followed by Version name).
- On your desktop find out the virtual box quick launch icon, right-click on it and click on run as administrator.
- This will open a below-like interface from here you need to click on New.
- On clicking on new you need to create a virtual machine by giving the name of the Operating System, Type, Version, and also assign Ram.
- From the hard disk, section select Use an existing virtual hard disk file and select the downloaded Mac Os image file.
- After choosing the Mac OS image file click on Create and then go to settings.
- In settings,
- Go to System -> Check Optical and Harddisk and Uncheck all others.
- Go to processors check and give enough processors like if there are 8 CPUs give 4 CPUs.
- Then go to Display – > Give video memory to the maximum.
- After that go to Shared folders and set the destination folder by clicking on the + symbol. Shared folders are nothing but storage for the new Mac Os.
- To run the Mac os on Windows Pc using Virtual Box for the first time you need to run through Command Prompt.
- Copy the below code and replace the “Your Virtual Machine Name” with the given machine name in the general tab and execute it command by command.
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\" VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Your Virtual Machine Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" VBoxManage setextradata "Your Virtual Machine Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
- That’s it close the command prompt and open the virtual box and click on Start.
- Depending on your system configuration machine will start the Mac Os on a virtual box.
- After starting the Mac OS, Go to the Apple app store and login with your Apple ID.
- Now search for Notability App on the app store and hit on it to install the app.
- After installing, Open the app and start using Notability app on the windows pc/laptop.
Method 2: Best alternatives for Notability App for Windows Pc/Laptop
There are some Windows Pc with medium-range specifications. And that is where you are not interested to use VirtualBox as it slows down the system. In such scenarios only solution is to find out the best alternatives for notability apps to use on windows pc/laptop.
- Microsoft OneNote
- Bamboo Paper
Microsoft One Note: It is the product of Microsoft that works as a digital notepad to organize your thoughts and ideas by taking notes. Microsoft One Note is a cross-platform application that can be used on Apple, Android devices, and Windows Pc/Laptop. To download the Microsoft one note app follow the below link.
Nebo – Note Taking: Nebo is an application that is very much similar to Notability you can expect all the features. Nebo will revolutionize your note-taking at work, at your studies, and in daily life. The only drawback is that it is not free you need to purchase by spending an amount INR 550rs. Nebo is a cross-platform app that can be used on Windows Pc/Laptop too. To find more about the Nebo app click here.
Bamboo Paper: Bamboo paper turn your Windows device into a paper notebook to capture your thoughts, ideas anywhere by taking notes, sketching, and drawing. Bamboo Paper is also a cross-platform application that can be used on Apple, Android devices, and also on Windows Pc/Laptop. Hence Bamboo Paper is regarded as the best alternative to the Notability app. To find more information about the Bamboo Paper app click here.
Above are the best alternatives for notes taking app notability that can be used on windows pc/laptop. I will be updating the list of notability app alternatives in the future also. It is highly suggested to turn on notifications and allow push notifications to receive day-to-day updates. This is all about the How to Use the Notability app on Windows Pc/Laptop and the Best alternatives for the Notability app. If you found any other interesting information please do share your thoughts below in the comment section.